Items of Note
Items of Note at St. Matthias
- First Friday Mass is July 6th at 8:30 AM. There will be no refreshments after Mass as several pa- rishioners who provide food will be on vacation. Our social gathering after the first Friday Mass will resume on August 3rd.
- Adult Bible Study: The St. Matthias Adult Bible Study meets on Wednesdays from 7:00—8:30 PM in the Hughes Center. Please come and bring a friend! There is no Bible Study class on July 4th.
- Adult Faith Formation Opportunity: Please join us on Tuesday, July 10th, for a DVD presentation and discussion on “The Mystery of the Magi”. On following Tuesdays, July 17th and 24th, join us for presentations and discussions on “The Witness of Early Christian Women”. We will meet in the Hughes Center from 9:15-10:30 AM. Please come and bring a friend for one Tuesday or all three.
- Save the Date: The Parish Social Life Committee invites you to a Multicultural Festival on Saturday, September 8th. Raffle tickets are available at $ 5 each or 3 for $10. Prizes include a microwave oven, television, tablet, and a $100 Amazon gift card. Tickets may be purchased from PSLC members or at the parish office.
- Our Monthly Marian Devotion will take place next Saturday, July 7th, at 7:30 AM in the church. Join us for this special devotion led by Father Canice, and stay for the 8:30 AM Mass.
- Friendship Hall: It’s time to book your event for 2019. Please call Thad Ereme at 301-459-4814 x 207 for information and availability.
- The Parish Office will be closed Wednesday, July 4th, in observance of Independence Day.
The office will re-open Thursday, July 5th, at 8:00 AM.
Adult Bible Study will resume on Tuesday, April 10th, at 9:15 AM in the Hughes Center. We are studying the book of Acts and we will pick up on Chapter 17. Please come and bring a friend!
Marian Devotion is held the first Saturday of the month at 12:00 PM in the church. Please join us.
The St. Matthias Prayer Group meets in the church every Sunday immediately after the 11:30 AM Mass. All are welcome.
2018 Annual Jubilarian Mass: Cardinal Donald Wuerl will celebrate the annual Jubilarian Mass honoring couples married 25, 30, 40, 50, and 51+ years on Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 2:00 PM at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. Please call the parish office or use the sign-up forms in the back of church to register. Names of jubilarians need to be turned in to the parish office by Monday, April 16, 2018.
Volunteers are needed to staff the front office in the Hughes Center for 4 hour shifts once or twice a month. Please call Thad Ereme at 301-459-4814 x 207 for more information.
Members of the African Community are remind-ed to pay their annual contribution for the Mothers Day and Fathers Day celebrations. Emmanuel Amanyeiwe and Veronica Ike are collecting your contributions.
Teen Youth Ministry April Meeting: All parish teens are welcome to attend our next meeting this Sunday, April 8th, from 12:00 –2:30 PM in the Hughes Center.
The Catholic Women’s Association meets after the 11:30 AM Mass on the second and fourth Sun-days of the month.