Friendship Hall Uses
- Wedding Receptions
- Special Events Parties
- Business Functions/Meetings Rehearsal Dinners
- Funeral Repasts
- Birthday Parties
- Baby Showers
- Baptism Celebrations
- Confirmation Celebrations
Capacity: 350 Seated or 437 Standing
10 Round Tables – each seats 10
15 Large Rectangle Tables – each seats 11
11 Small Rectangle Tables – each seats 7
Requester’s To Do List
- Choose a date. Saint Matthias will not rent out Friendship Hall from Monday through Friday before 6:30 p.m. or when the school is in session.
- Check with Hughes Center for availability and sign contract with Thad Ereme 301-459-4814 Ext. 207
- Pay the deposit to secure the date and sign contract and insurance agreement.
- Secure a Caterer (or use the Parish sanctioned Caterer) and file their license with the Parish office 3 weeks prior to the event.
- For Hall Set-Up, contact Hector Perez (Maintenance Supervisor) 301- 922-8175, preferably by Text, you may leave a voice message.
- Schedule with the Maintenance Supervisor a time to conduct a walk-thru of Friendship Hall, note any imperfections with the Maintenance Supervisor at that time.
- Make sure hall is LOCKED before leaving.
Rental Price List
Reserve your date with Thad Ereme 301-459-4814 Ext. 207 before paying your deposit.
- This is a no smoking environment. Any violations will result in the immediate termination of the event.
- Hours: 7:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. Everyone must be out of the Hall no later than 1 hour after the event. Any other block of time may be discussed with the Events Coordinator.
- Caterers, other than the Licensed Caterers, will have access to service prep areas in the kitchen, except areas designated for School use only.The Lessee of the events in Friendship Hall must supply table cloths and decorations and must remove them when the event is over. Decorations may not be attached to the ceiling or walls.
- Caterers are expected to bring serving utensils, plates and platters, glasses, and anything else needed to serve and eat food. Including food temperature gauges, thermos for hot foods, etc.
- Ice is available for hot foods.
Emergency Contact: In case of emergency call 911 and call Thad Ereme (301) 549-8452.
The Archdiocese of Washington, requests that any use of Parish facilities be religious educational or charitable in nature, except when the facility user is a Parishioner or a Parish group. Ministries and Organizations in the church may use Friendship Hall without charge for approved church functions. They will be responsible for insurance premiums (unless independently covered), and set up/clean-up fees.The security deposit may be waived, but the Ministry or organization will be responsible for any damages associated with its event. Please check for available space and dates.
Registered active members of this church may rent the facilities if the requested date is available. Try to have alternate date choices in case the original date is taken. The parishioner signing the contract must be present for the duration of the event. No dates can be held without a full deposit.
Only Ministries or organizations in the Church are permitted to sell tickets for any functions in Friendship Hall. (No tickets are allowed to be sold for events. No fundraising is permitted). If liquor is being served in conjunction with ticket sales: 1. Ministry/Organization must obtain a one-day liquor license from Prince Georges County. 2. A copy of the license must be filed in the Parish office prior to the event. 3. Parish events where no compensation is received do not require a liquor license. For all other events, liquor may be served as an open bar. It is required that a certified bartender be obtained who can watch and gauge consumption of your guests; alternatively the Parish sanctioned Security Service must be employed for the event.
No bring your own liquor (BYOL) events are allowed. Service of hot or cold foods (wings and potato salad etc.) must be supervised by a Maryland licensed caterer (or the Parish sanctioned Caterer) who will provide a copy of their license to the office prior to the event. Store purchased packaged food items are permissible.
All events with more than 100 participants will require Parish approved Security Services.